AfC Virtual School Mission Statement 2016-17
Our mission statement is adapted from the High Level Responsibilities as set out in ‘Promoting the Education of Looked After Children’ (July 2014). These threads are the foundation of our Annual Reporting and School Improvement Planning and are central to our ethos and actions.
• Attainment and Progress: We are committed to closing the attainment and progress gap between looked after children and their peers and creating a culture of high aspirations for them is our top priority.
• Attendance: We rigorously monitor attendance and exclusions and act promptly where there are concerns to minimise absence and reduce exclusions.
• Educational Provision: We ensure that looked after children have access to a suitable range of high quality education placement options that take account of their duty to promote their educational achievement. We champion educational stability and have strategies in place to support transition.
• ePEPs: We have robust systems to ensure up-to-date, effective and high quality PEPs which drive forward improvement.
• Training and CPD: We structure an annual training programme which aims to meet the needs of those responsible for promoting the educational achievement of looked after children.
• Pupil Premium and Funding: We have systems in place to delegate Pupil Premium Plus to our school placements and we use funds strategically to raise attainment and improve pupil wellbeing. We routinely monitor the impact of this spending to enhance student outcomes.
• Communication and Working with Others: We work together with partners, including the CiCC, to ensure that the educational achievement of children looked-after by the authority is seen as a priority by everyone who has responsibilities for promoting their welfare. We routinely update our records so that effective information, reporting and data systems are in place.