Designated Teacher Forum
Forums 10.10.19 7.11.19 4.12.19
High quality education provides individuals with access to greater opportunities and quality of life whether
through achieving a more fulfilling career, higher income or greater self-confidence. Education is important
for all but especially for looked after children as the odds are already stacked against them achieving the
same as their peers. Historically, LAC achieve lower exam pass rates, make poorer progress between key
stages and fewer go onto further or higher education.
- Provide opportunities to share experiences and concerns around the education of children in care with
- other professionals.
- Introduce DTs to Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaires for ePEPs
- Increase awareness and understanding of the Looked After Child which can be used to support schools
- to raise educational outcomes.
- Provide up to date information on statutory requirements.
- Help Designated Teachers feel supported and able to share outcomes with staff members within the
- school environment
“Excellent more training please” (Post 16 DT)